We’ve all been there. We excitedly write down our plans and ideas unto a dry erase board or white board but then suddenly,
Oops! We discover we actually used a PERMANENT marker.
Yes, P-E-R-M-A-N-E-N-T. It’s something that lasts forever.
You worry about the stains on your board, but don’t!
There’s a way to remove that permanent marker in 3 easy steps, and I’ll show you how.
How To Remove Permanent Marker in 3 Easy Steps
Materials You Would Need:
- Dry Erase Marker
- Cloth or Soft Rag
- Check if the permanent marker is already dry. If not, let it dry completely to avoid smudging on your dry erase board, which will leave more stains.
- Get a dry erase marker and write over the permanent marker.
Ensure that the dry erase marker isn’t dried out. If your dry erase marker has plenty of ink, you should be good to go. Follow and cover the writing of the permanent marker completely.
- Once covered, use an eraser to immediately erase the writing completely. Repeat steps 1 to 3 until permanent marker marks are removed and cleaned to your liking.
- It doesn’t matter what color of dry erase marker you use. What matters is that you use the dry erase marker to write on the permanent marker completely.
- It may take multiple tries to get the permanent marker off completely. This depends on a case to case basis. If your permanent marker writing has been there a while, you may need to repeat this process multiple times to have the dry erase marker solvent dissolve the permanent marks.
- Invest in a good quality dry erase board to prevent stains on your white board.
Other Steps On How To Remove Permanent Marker
Use Everyday Household Cleaners
You can also opt to try using household cleaners you probably have on hand. These include using rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer.
- Pour these cleaners unto a cloth or soft rag.
- Wipe the permanent marker off the dry erase board with the cleaner and let it dry.
- After drying the dry erase board, wipe this with water on a cloth. You need to remove any solvent left on the dry erase board.
- Dry the board completely.
- Use a dry erase marker to write on the board.